A new research engineer position has opened in Lund University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Translational Medicine.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
A motivated research engineer at bachelor level in medical physics or other relevant science/technical education to work in research projects, teaching, development and maintenance of the emergency preparedness laboratory. The person will also work to maintain a good work environment and routines for the research group.
- Regular quality control and technical maintenance of the research group’s stationary detector systems for ionizing radiation. Participation in sampling and sample collection in the field. Sample preparation for gamma spectrometric analyses
- Documentation and handling of samples and measurement results
- Regular functional and quality control of the research group’s mobile measurement systems and vehicles
- Systematic environmental work including inventory and documentation of hazardous substances (Klara)
- Technical assistance in radiometry training and teaching
- Technical assistance in experiments and experiments conducted by the research group
More information can be found here: Research engineer in medical radiation physics (varbi.com)